Tuesday 8 February 2011

All going well, 4 course meals and some giant Bunsen burners

Just a short entry about today. Got up, 5am technically, ie I'm still on UK time. It may only be an hour but it's my hour and my body doesnt feel comfortable without it.  Had some breakfast, managed to cobble together a kind of bacon sandwich steering between the acres of ham and cheese (they are out to get me I tell you)
Met up with my client, then we headed over to the site.
Course is going well, good bunch of delegates and fairly typical.
the fun didn't really start until the end of the day.  It was getting dark and I was determined to get a photo of the site with the pretty lights, but they were not allowing photography on the site. so as we were driving off back to the hotel we sneakily grabbed a few then. Ill post them next time as its getting late.
We went for a really nice meal in what sounded like 'Smack de brielle' or something. Thankfully the food was better than the name. I had smoked duck breast which was quite simply amazing, I had no idea that much flavour could be packed into a few small slivers of meat. I then had a bacon and potato soup followed by halibut and vegetables and a chocolate desert. was delicious! if you ever happen to be in this neck of the woods (which is unlikely I grant you) then be sure to check it out, its next to the canon, stocks and statue in Brielle.

Good day, and no doubt less stressful than tomorrow where I am down to do about 3 days work in one day and then try and get home on a horrible journey.

talk soon
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment